ALL FM’s ‘Hong Kong FM’ project is looking for a Support Worker.
Job title Support Worker
Reporting to Director of ALL FM
Salary 20 hrs per week x 22 weeks x £10.5 per hour (freelance)
Hong Kong FM is a project consisting of 4 distinct phrases aiming to explore the needs of BN(O) status holders (Hong Kong) settling in the U.K. and empower them through producing radio broadcasts. The project is led by ALLFM in partnership with Dragons Voice
Main purpose of the job:
To support the coordinator in driving the project. To offer support to the project participants and volunteers to enable them to improve their soft and employability skills and connect with their new communities.
- To engage with project participants to facilitate their personal development, enabling them to gain a voice, influence and a place in their new community.
- To engage participants in line with ALL FM’s Equal Opportunities & Safeguarding policies.
- To help promote the project online and in person.
- To work with ALL FM and Dragons Voice’s partners to ensure maximum benefit for the participants.
- To support in the devising and delivery of the radio training courses and sessions for participants with a focus on empowering and developing the skills of those involved.
- To identify, create and promote progression opportunities for the participants to engage with their peers from the wider communities.
- To help recruit and supervise participants volunteers to assist with delivery of the project and provide ongoing support and advice as necessary.
- To help run administrative and management systems. These systems include record keeping, information filing, diary management, training bookings, record keeping.
- To assist with the monitoring & evaluation of the project.
- To help develop networks and partnerships for the benefit of the project and its participants.
- To help organise events and meetings for the project delivery.
- Other activities deemed necessary to support the work and development of the project.
- Person Specification:
|Holds Hong Kong BNO visa||E|
|Can speak fluent Cantonese and competent English and able to translate between these 2 languages||E|
|Able to communicate orally and in writing in both languages Cantonese and English||D|
|To have experience of radio production||E|
|Able to lead and manage groups||E|
|Able to record and report to relevant Manager/supervisors||E|
|To have lived in UK for 6 months||D|
|To have networks with HK BNO communities||E|
|Have experience of basic research||D|
|Is computer literate and have experience of using Microsoft||E|
|Have experience of using social media||D|
|Have experience of supporting/teaching learners||E|
|Have community development and or community profiling experience||D|
|Can manage relevant resources||D|
|Able to help organise safe visits to places of interest within the North West region and support participants during visits||E|
Deadline 18th Feb 2022 5pm