ALL FM’s ‘Hong Kong FM’ project is looking for a Coordinator
Project Coordinator: Hong Kong FM
Job title Project Coordinator
Reporting to Director of ALL FM
Salary: 20 hrs per week x 20 weeks at £15.75 per hour (freelance)
Hong Kong FM is a project consisting of 4 distinct phrases aiming to explore the needs of BN(O) status holders (Hong Kong) settling in the U.K. and empower them through producing radio broadcasts. The project is led by ALLFM in partnership with Dragons Voice.
The Coordinator role is:
To provide leadership of the project and provide line management for support staff and volunteers, responsibility for organising events to ensure that the project has the maximum benefit for those participating.
- To help to ensure that the project meets its aims.
- To oversee the project’s marketing and its online presence with reference to recruitment, promotion and celebration.
- To be a point of contact for volunteers and participants.
- To coordinate administrative and management systems.
- To keep the Line manger appraised of activities and ensure that meetings, training and activities are regularly held.
- To provide a supportive presence throughout training.
- To ensure that evaluation is an ongoing process.
- To work with ALL FM, Dragons Voice, support staff and partners to ensure that the project meets its aims.
- To prepare and submit reports incl quantitative and qualitative equations and finance.
- To organise events and ensure ‘health and safety’ and ‘risk management’ procedures adopted.
- To support the participants to write and design radio programmes.
- To engage participants in line with ALL FM’s Equal Opportunities & Safeguarding policies.
- To work with ALL FM, Dragons Voice and all partners to ensure maximum benefit for the participants.
- To identify, create and promote progression opportunities for the participants to engage with their peers from the wider communities.
- To help develop networks and partnerships for the benefit of the project and its participants.
- To organise events and meetings for the project delivery.
- Other activities deemed necessary to support the work and development of the project.
|Holds Hong Kong BNO visa||E|
|Can speak fluent Cantonese and competent English and able to translate between these 2 languages||E|
|Able to communicate orally and in writing in both languages Cantonese and English||E|
|To have experience of radio production||E|
|Able to lead and manage groups||E|
|Able to record and report to relevant Manager/supervisors||E|
|To have lived in UK for 6 months||E|
|To have networks with HK BNO communities||E|
|Have experience of basic research||D|
|Is computer literate and have experience of using Microsoft||E|
|Have experience of creating and using social media||D|
|Have experience of supporting/teaching learners||E|
|Have community development and or community profiling experience||D|
|Can manage relevant resources||E|
|Able to organise safe visits to places of interest within the North West region and evaluate outcomes of visits||E|
Deadline 18th Feb 2022 5pm