ALL FM is looking for an Employment Support Provider
We are searching for a Provider; this may be a sole trader or an organisation.
Purpose of the Role:
The Employment Support Provider will play a central role in the implementation of ensuring that the ALL FM Radio Production Training is addressing employability skills for the participants. You will be working closely with the ALL FM Radio Trainer and Station Manager and wider team to complement the Radio Production skills training and to support employability training for out of work adults.
Employability training will include: acting as a job coach for participants who are seeking employment, helping them to search, prepare for and access into employment, cv development.
I. To support the employability aspect of Radio production
II. To utilise employability training to support the participants.
III. To help engage and liaise with employers to identify suitable opportunities (work experience, jobs, placements, trials, internships, volunteering) for participants including contacting employers, assessing potential job roles/work placements and joint planning
IV. To promote and support links between local employers, ALL FM and participants.
V. To develop and maintain links with relevant organisations, groups and agencies e.g. education and training providers, Jobcentre Plus/Department for Work and Pensions, to support the delivery of ALL FM’s training.
VI. To work with the staff team and volunteers to identify and support participants to enable them to progress towards work/supported employment including CV development, interview skills, portfolios, training and qualifications
VII. To ensure a full understanding of available job roles/work opportunities for participants and to help match them to appropriate opportunities taking full account of both employer and participant needs
VIII. To provide job coaching support to participants to help them transition into work safely and effectively e.g. adopt appropriate workplace behaviour, integrate into the social environment of the workplace and making sure the work gets done to the standards required by the employer
IX. To monitor and review participants in work experience and/or volunteering placements and to provide advice and support to the employer and participants to enable progression
X. To maintain confidentiality at all times in line with ALL FM’s policies.
XI. To develop, operate and maintain robust record keeping procedures in line with relevant GDPR and confidentiality requirements, ensuring accurate and up todate records including individual member files, daily and weekly logs, records of achievements and significant occurrences
XII. Any other duties as agreed commensurate with the nature and level of the post.
1. Experienced in helping people with barriers to improve their employment and job search skills to secure employment
2. Knowledge of and commitment to person centred approaches to supporting vulnerable/disadvantaged people.
3. Experience of working with and/or supporting volunteers
4. Excellent organisational and time management skills and ability to manage a diverse workload/prioritise effectively
5. Passion for developing others and effective interpersonal style including; able to lead by example in supporting others to fulfill their potential, excellent communication and facilitation skills, good team working skills, ability to work on own initiative
6. Good administration and IT skills (e.g. word processing, excel, email)
7. Knowledge of recruitment and/or of working with out of work adults.
8. Experience of developing employment opportunities for those facing labour market disadvantages
9. Experience of working in/with community based organisations & businesses
10. Experience of marketing and promotion e.g. newsletters, press releases, events Letter of application and interview
The post is for 1.5 days/week with flexibility in delivery to match delivery commitments.
There may be a requirement for some evening working.
Note that as this post will have responsibility for working with vulnerable adults it is subject to an Enhanced DBS check. Rate: £100/day
Applying for the post
To apply for this position please send:
A letter of application setting out why you want the position, how you meet the requirements and what you will be able to contribute to ALL FM (no more than 2 sides of A4) and a CV if applicable to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject to a service contract.
A sole trader will need to prove evidence of self employment.
Deadline: 22/11/19 5pm