Older Person’s Support Worker,
ALL FM is commencing a radio training project aimed at developing older people’s employability and soft skills. The Support Worker’s role is to support the older people offering encouragement, advice and working with the ALL FM staff team to ensure quality of training.
Main purpose of the job:
1. To support in the recruitment of older people for ALL FM radio training
2. To support in the devising and delivery of training courses and sessions for older people.
3. To assist older people in developing their employability, IT and soft skills
4. To engage older people at ALL FM in line with the Station Policy for community involvement &. Equal Opportunities
5. To work with ALL FM’s delivery partners to ensure maximum benefit for ALL FM and its clients.
6. To work with the ALL staff team to ensure best practice.
7. To identify, create and promote progression opportunities to the older people that are engaged.
8. To assist with the monitoring & evaluation of the project in co-ordination with ALL FM’s policy
9. Other activities deemed necessary by the Management Committee or Station Manager to support the work and development of the station.
Experience of working with older people over long term projects.
Experience of planning, delivering and evaluating projects with an understanding of the needs of older people.
Excellent communication skills
Experience of liaising with agencies related to older people’s issues.
Excellent knowledge of community learning issues.
The ability to work co-operatively within a team.
The ability to work under your own initiative with the minimum of supervision.
The ability to manage a programme of work and prioritise tasks.
An understanding of the principles and implementation of an Equal Opportunities, safeguarding and Health and Safety.
Experience, Qualifications, Training
At least two years experience within a volunteer-led organisation.
This is a freelance post and the rate of pay is £70/day.
Please email CV and covering letter to Ed Connole email@example.com
Deadline: 12th April